Coronavirus Information and Precautions
This situation is evolving rapidly as new information becomes available. We will update this page as quickly as possible if our policies and procedures change due to updates from CDC, CMS, CDPH and local health departments.
Pioneer House is currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully, begin the process of getting to a post-COVID-19 “normal.”
The process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread and trends, multi-level retirement communities like ours (with independent, assisted living and skilled nursing) will have a different reopening schedule because we care for older adults who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
Throughout this process, we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidance for Nursing Home Reopening Recommendations for State as well as our local Northern California Officials.
These additional support organizations include Sacramento County Health Department, CA Department of Social Services, and Ombudsman’s Services of Northern CA.
For our Skilled Nursing area, this guidance includes maintaining rigorous infection prevention and control procedures while balancing patient and resident social engagement.
Resident feedback continues to play a key part in our plans. Thank you for the ongoing feedback, observations, and suggestions as we strive to maintain safety and quality of life as we move forward together.
The health and well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority. For some, these steps towards re-opening will not come fast enough, but we want to avoid having to go back to the restrictions we first faced in March, so we must be thoughtful in our efforts.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
We ask that all visitors to our independent living communities adhere to the following guidelines:
- We ask that you don’t come to the community if you have symptoms of illness OR if you have reason to believe you may have been exposed.
- If you have traveled to a Level 2 or Level 3 CDC travel-restricted country – currently China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, and Iran – in the last 30 days, please don’t visit until you are clear of travel for 14 days and have no signs or symptoms of infection.
- Please inform us of any recent international travel. As the virus evolves, the Level 2 and Level 3 travel-restricted countries may change.
- Wash your hands. We have placed hand sanitizer stations throughout our communities. Please thoroughly wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often while in the buildings. This is vital to limiting the spread of infection and keeping both you and our residents safe.
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our residents and community healthy and safe.
Links to CDC resource pages:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Prevention & Treatment
Link to state health department page: